Copy as Markdown
/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*-
* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Starting in Windows 7, applications can display an overlay on the icon in
* the taskbar. This class wraps around the native functionality to do this.
interface nsITaskbarOverlayIconController : nsISupports
* Sets the overlay icon and its corresponding alt text.
* @param statusIcon The handle to the overlay icon. The icon will be scaled
* to the small icon size (16x16 at 96 dpi). Can be null, in
* which case if the taskbar button represents a single window
* the icon is removed.
* @param statusDescription The alt text version of the information
* conveyed by the overlay, for accessibility
* @note The behavior for window groups is managed by Windows.
* - If an overlay icon is set for any window in a window group and another
* overlay icon is already applied to the corresponding taskbar button, that
* existing overlay is replaced.
* - If null is passed in to replace the overlay currently being displayed,
* and if a previous overlay set for a different window in the group is
* still available, then that previous overlay is displayed.
void setOverlayIcon(in imgIContainer statusIcon,
in AString statusDescription);