Copy as Markdown
/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*-
* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
template <class T> struct already_AddRefed;
* After the default timezone changes, this topic is notified. Some systems may
* not support monitoring timezone.
#define DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_CHANGED_OBSERVER_TOPIC "default-timezone-changed"
* Interface for the native event system layer. This interface is designed
* to be used on the main application thread only.
interface nsIAppShell : nsISupports
* Enter an event loop. Don't leave until exit() is called.
* Exit the handle event loop
* Ask the native event queue notification mechanism to favor Gecko tasks
* (instead of native tasks) for a short while. (Content processes always
* favor Gecko tasks.)
* Suspends the use of additional platform-specific methods (besides the
* nsIAppShell->run() event loop) to run Gecko events on the main
* application thread. Under some circumstances these "additional methods"
* can cause Gecko event handlers to be re-entered, sometimes leading to
* hangs and crashes. Calls to suspendNative() and resumeNative() may be
* nested. On some platforms (those that don't use any "additional
* methods") this will be a no-op. Does not (in itself) stop Gecko events
* from being processed on the main application thread. But if the
* nsIAppShell->run() event loop is blocked when this call is made, Gecko
* events will stop being processed until resumeNative() is called (even
* if a plugin or library is temporarily processing events on a nested
* event loop).
* Resumes the use of additional platform-specific methods to run Gecko
* events on the main application thread. Calls to suspendNative() and
* resumeNative() may be nested. On some platforms this will be a no-op.
* The current event loop nesting level.
readonly attribute unsigned long eventloopNestingLevel;